Monday, November 17, 2008

give me something to believe in, a breath from the breathing.

i saw jack's mannequin in concert last week for the third time. andrew mcmahon, in all his fucking-rockstar-glory, really brought the music to a real level--that level where you can actually feel the piano and the words getting under your skin, speeding through your veins, connecting straight to your heart. he's a really inspiring man, that andrew--he writes these beautiful pieces of music that make me feel again. really feel.

so i went to this concert, and i danced and jumped and sang really loud during all of my favourite parts in all of my favourite songs. he even played the something corporate gem, "cavanaugh park," which made me swoon and smile and shout really loud as he sang one of my favourite song lyrics of all time -- "man, that kid make fucking up look cool."

but i was especially excited when he played "hammers and strings," probably the most inspirational song i've heard in a while. so, because this blog is supposed to be a source of inspiration for me, i've gotta remind myself to listen to this song when life gets messy.

you should listen to it, too: jack's mannequin, "hammers and strings."

1 comment:

Grey Eyed Girl said...

i listened. and i really liked : )